Why You’ll Love This Job
This role will work with the Art Director and project leads to visualize and bring to life realistic high-end 3D content for a new form of virtual experiences and cinematics. You have the artist mindset to continue growing and expanding your creativity along with a multi-disciplinary team of like-minded creatives. You have an eye for design and deep technical knowledge of bringing that vision to life for Extended Reality and Cinematic. You’ll assist in establishing the guidelines, processes, standards, and tools required to build and maintain a heavy content pipeline. Our team offers an exciting opportunity for candidates with a top-notch proficiency in modeling, texturing, lighting, shaders and an established background in creative problem-solving. You will be working at our in-house development studio in Richmond, VA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
● Be the expert in code-related questions and topics when it comes to the Unreal Engine and systems programming.
● Working cohesively with a team of Developers and 3D artists.
● Find and evaluate what tech tools will be best for our solutions.
● Contribute to major aspects of the product development process — data structures, algorithm design, computational geometry, procedural geometry generation, history systems, inferencing and constraint systems, and building information modeling systems.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
● 2-4 years of software development experience
● Proficiency in Unreal Engine
● Proficiency in C++ or similar object-oriented languages
● Experience with GIT or similar source control system
● Good understanding of the Unreal Engine SDK including C++ and Blueprints, multiplayer, UI, AI, animation, optimization ● Experience designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines ● Experience communicating in a multi-disciplinary team, including engineers, artists, and designers ● Ability to mentor/train other artists on the production floor ● Share best practices, identify process improvements and operational waste reduction. ● A passion for virtual production and creating interactive experiences for VR or AR devices ● Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle large workloads efficiently ● Excellent communication skills, being able to communicate ideas and critiques through different disciplines ● Desire and ability to put in the time and effort necessary to make a product great.
● Knowledge of 3D modeling and asset creation packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Mari, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
● Generalist knowledge in skills such as modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, physics and particle systems
● A background working with asset management systems, asset bundles, and in particular downloadable content (DLC)
● Experience with build systems, continuous integration and deployment
● Experience with computational and procedural mesh geometry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 68480