Why You’ll Love This Job
KVA Management is looking for a reliable and flexible General Manager with a willingness to learn and grow within our team.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing with excellent customer service skills and the professionalism to stand their ground through all the challenges a General Manager could face. The person we are looking for will need to understand managing a staff of 15+ employees does not mean micromanaging. As the General Manager, a balance will need to be maintained between 100% guest satisfaction and hotel productivity in all aspects
Salary: $55,000 – $58,000/year
Job Duties and Responsibilities
You will be expected to cover the following key categories: Human Resources, Purchasing, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Hotel Relationships (Guest, Vendor, Partner, Local) and more.
- Make sure all new hires have all required documentation before they start working for the hotel
- All disciplinary action taken will be recorded and uploaded to the KVA Management Portal
- All New Hires and Terminations must be updated immediately.
- Coordinate Housekeeping staff while tracking total rooms sold, guest check outs, guest stay overs, no show guest, and “do not disturb” rooms.
- Ensure supplies are not being wasted and train hotel staff to be thorough, efficient, and cost effective when using any hotel supplies.
- Ensure regular upkeep of guest room quality.
- Train Maintenance and Housekeeping staff to report guest room issues (broken furniture, plumbing, etc) immediately so repairs can be arranged
- Follow-Up with Maintenance for pool and grounds upkeep. (testing pool chemicals, overall hotel attractiveness)
- Ensure Housekeeping, Maintenance, and Breakfast staff have all the appropriate tools and supplies to do their jobs up to the Brand Standards or better.
- Track inventory of all supplies including cleaning products, breakfast, linen, guest amenities and sundries.
- Maintain supply quantities for ordering through the Central Office.
- Upload all receipts and invoices to the KVA Management portal. This includes vendor invoices as well as local shopping receipts. (AP)
- Follow up with Guest Account to ensure the hotel is paid with-in a timely manner (AR)
- Respond to hotel guest concerns and hotel issues in an attentive, professionally focused manner be they virtual and in person.
- Respond to all Expedia and Booking with the necessary research before disputed transactions result in chargebacks
- Develop relationships within the community and form professional alliances to help expand our brand and reputation.
- Maintain regular communication with the Central Management office. This will aid in running the hotel in the best way possible
- Ensure compliance with local and state requirements for licensing and permits.
- Maintain an appropriate emergency plan for use by hotel guests and staff.
- Analyze and assess data and information from multiple sources to arrive at solutions that will be beneficial to the business.
Daily Utilization of the KVA Management Portal is an absolute requirement. Training will be provided to ensure the system is used correctly.
3-5 Years of Hotel Management experience
1-2 Years Customer Service experience
1-2 Year Cash and Card handling experience in a professional setting
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 104471