Why You’ll Love This Job
Spend your days helping pets look their best when you join the Animal Care Center of Hays County family as a full-time Groomer in San Marcos, TX!
We are an exciting, state-of-the-art clinic where having fun is the order of the day. Here, you will be a valued member of an upbeat team of professionals who, like you, are passionate about animals. You will have the opportunity to wear a variety of hats, learning new skills along the way that will help you grow your career. Easy scheduling, paid time off that includes sick leave, a company matched 401k and a generous healthcare package are just some of the benefits included with this top-shelf Groomer position.
Apply for our Groomer opening today to get started with a company where you can realize your goals!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide quick and courteous service to all customers
- Perform grooming services per customer instructions, ensuring the safety and well-being of animals
- Move animals and merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Use grooming instruments including shears and dryers
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- At least 1 year of grooming experience; precision grooming knowledge
- Basic knowledge of canine and feline health and anatomy
- Ability to properly restrain animals to ensure the safety of both pet and employee
- Ability to manage temperamental animals
- Understanding of infectious disease control
- Able to work on feet all day and lift 40 pounds
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail; reliable, efficient and a team player
Job ID: 31606