Why You’ll Love This Job
Under the direction of the Team Leader, the Group Leader will provide supervision, support, and structure to students in the program. Group Leader supervises and assists students in all program related activities using professionally acceptable methods and techniques. The Group Leader is directly responsible for supervision of Group Living Staff and carries out the responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Must be patient and have the ability to remain calm in difficult situations. Sequel – Mountain Home Academy services adolescent males, ages 10-18, with severe psychiatric, behavioral, and sexual disorders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and maintain routine order with students in their daily routines and activities.
- Ensures students’ rooms and common areas are clean and orderly.
- Transport students to on/off campus activities and maintain student count.
- Interacts with students in a professional manner to elicit positive change.
- Completes documentation requirements accurately and on time.
- Remains current in and initiates emergency procedures when required.
- Provide safety and assists in crisis management for student population.
- Completes coaching notes, verbal warnings when required, staff evaluations and development growth plans for everyone under their supervision.
- Any other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Group Living Director and/or the Executive Director.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel – Mountain Home Academy Creed.
- Supports and follows all Sequel – Mountain Home Academy policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Sequel – Mountain Home Academy policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Experience: One year related experience working with at-risk youth is preferred.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Products and operating systems.
- Certifications & Licenses: N/A
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 31336