Why You’ll Love This Job
Assist the Front Office Manager and Front Office Supervisor in overseeing the daily operations of the front desk, ensuring the highest levels of customer service and guest satisfaction.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the best first impression of the hotel for all guests and visitors by treating all individuals in a warm, professional, and respectful manner.
- Always ensure exceptional guest service at the Front Desk.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Ensure arrivals are reviewed during the shift and requests are honored as much as possible.
- Perform hotel check-ins and check-outs
- Assign guest rooms and issue guest keys
- Process guest payments and assist with any questions guests may have regarding billing
- Coordinate with bellmen, housekeeping staff and engineering staff to ensure guest satisfaction
- Act as a central source of information for all hotel, event and dining guests
- Use proper telephone and reservation etiquette including describing the hotel, proper rate quotation and capturing reservations
- Review the Group Resume and ensure that routing, comments, room assignments are all correct and accurate.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Front Office Manager
$16 an hour
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills required
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including opening and closing shifts as well as holidays.
- The position requires mobility. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, kneel, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 50 pounds, as well as be able to push and pull carts and luggage weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 102412