Why You’ll Love This Job
Southern Marinas is currently seeking a Harbormaster for our esteemed Hayden Lake Marina, nestled in the picturesque and idyllic region of Hayden Lake, Idaho. With its breathtaking natural beauty and serene surroundings, this location offers an extraordinary opportunity for a dedicated Harbormaster to join our team and oversee the management of our marina operations. If you have a passion for the marina industry and want to work in the stunning landscape of North Idaho, this could be the perfect role for you. The Harbormaster manages and maintains the operational functionality for the docks, fuel station, rental fleet, and related equipment within the Marina. The Harbormaster needs to work collaboratively with the GM to ensure safe and standard operating conditions, provide the highest level of customer service in a friendly, while projecting a professional company image through all types of interaction.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Adjusting all slips, steps, and walkways to ensure excellent operating condition. This includes adjusting vessels lines in or out depending on tidal levels. This could occur several times in a day.
- Completing daily dock walks and maintaining records of vessel movements within the marina.
- Maintaining accurate records for, but not limited to fuel, wastewater, used oil etc.
- Coordination of dock staff to maintain the general appearance of the facility.
- Assisting the GM in maintaining, repairing, and operating new and current marina facilities and land areas. This includes but is not limited to re-decking, welding frames, replacing electrical items, and moving stairs and gangways to ensure proper operation of docks.
- Assisting GM with the overall management of marina personnel; this includes interviewing, hiring, scheduling, and overseeing actual work performance.
- Assist customers as needed with any slip, electrical or water issues/requirements.
- Assistance with personnel involved in promoting, servicing, repairing and preparation of motors, boats, or equipment of current customers or potential new customers.
- Familiarity with common marina operational documentation (e.g. agreements, contracts, terms and conditions, marina rules and regulations etc.) and the ability to analyze them.
- Preparation of the facility for storm conditions.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned but not limited to the above following items.
Internal: Contact with all levels of personnel.
External: High profile exposure to include vendors and new customers.
Work is performed and composed of a variety of different tasks, calling for use of judgment, including compliance with established policies and procedures. Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
Responsible for all dock employees
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a marina setting or other comparable industry setting.
- Minimum of two years’ supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with employees, customers, tenants, vendors, and government personnel.
- Ability to make independent decisions and determine appropriate course of action.
- Must be available for 24-hour telephone contact for emergency response.
- Strong ability to develop partnerships with internal clients / others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve team, department, and corporate goals.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job is physically demanding and at times dangerous due to water levels and weather conditions and requires the employee to be observant, follow all policies and procedures, and be mindful of potential issues that could arise.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 115086