We are looking for a Hospital Manager to join our fun and hardworking team in the beautiful North End of Tacoma! Soundview Veterinary Hospital is a high volume practice with 3 DVMs in a fantastic community of pets and their people. We provide the highest quality veterinary medicine and our passionate team works closely together to be the most trusted partner in pet care.
Due to an upcoming relocation, we are looking to fill the shoes of our superstar Hospital Manager. This position will officially be vacant come the end of summer, but we are beginning our search now as the right candidate will have the good fortune of training alongside our current HM in order to ensure a smooth transition for the hospital.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a successful Hospital Manager, you will:
- Have empathy and respect towards pets, clients, and colleagues
- Know your way around a veterinary hospital, and be familiar with the equipment, inventory, purchasing, and hospital supplies
- Be capable of recruiting, onboarding, and training veterinary staff per WA state guidelines
- Be familiar with OSHA and DEA requirements
- Be able to review, understand and react to findings in financial reports, budgets, and Profit & Loss statements
- Have experience in team building, conducting performance reviews, and addressing staff concerns, and know when to escalate issues for support from Regional Management and/or Human Resources
- Have excellent interpersonal, listening, and written and verbal communication skills
- Exercise strong time management skills, be able to plan, organize and prioritize tasks
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to building and fostering a positive work environment
- Have strong attention to detail and an eye for accuracy
- Maintain a constructive and harmonious relationship with co-workers, clients, and vendors.
As a valued member of our leadership team at the hospital, you will be rewarded with:
- Support from local and organizational leadership teams. We are committed to helping you develop professionally and we offer mentorship within the People, Pets & Vets network.
- A rewarding and a competitive salary and access to incentive compensation through our quarterly profit share bonus program.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, and vision coverage and life and short-term disability policies. PPV’s contribution pays for 75% of the employee’s monthly medical insurance premium.
- Eligibility to enroll in our 401k after 6 months of employment. We are committed to providing a 3% investment match.
- Accrued Paid Time Off and personal time. We want you to be able to unplug and recharge!
- A generous pet care discount for your personal pets. We want your pets to be treated as comprehensively as our patients are.
LVTs and CVPMs are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as veterinary team members looking to take the next step in their career. Please submit your resume and cover letter with application!
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 31446