Why You’ll Love This Job
The Host/Hostess provides the initial Greeting of all Dining Room Guests, in-person or by phone, as well as manage flow of guests in the Dining Room, to ensure an excellent guest experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all Guests upon arrival to the Dining Room.
- Answering all incoming phone calls with sincere hospitality and professionalism.
- Assist in maximizing revenues while ensuring high level of service delivery.
- General understanding and knowledge of Hotel Services.
- Operating proficiency of Open Table Reservation System.
- Operating proficiency of Posi-Touch POS System
- Always maintain effective communication with Manager and fellow teammates.
- Demonstrate patience, empathy, and sincere hospitality at all times with internal and external guests.
- Protect the establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Initiate greeting of guests upon arrival in Dining Room with a smile and a warm and sincere greeting, using guest name whenever possible.
- Seat guests at assigned tables, offering menus after guest has been seated.
- Clear any additional place settings on table after party has been seated.
- Manage all reservations to ensure an even and consistent flow of service.
- Review all reservations for any dietary restrictions, special requests and celebrations and convey information to service team.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of host stand to ensure high guest sense of arrival, prior to start of service and throughout service.
- Assist guests seeking to place a room service or to go order in selecting food and beverages and answering any questions about the menu.
- Utilize point of sale systems to efficiently transmit orders to bar and kitchen by accurately recording guest choice.
- Accurately close any checks to the appropriate payment type.
- Always maintain effective line of communication with supervisors and managers.
- Always maintain visual observation of Dining Room and effective communication with service team to monitor table availability.
- Conclude dining experience by acknowledging guests as they depart Dining Room; offer a warm and sincere invitation to return. Use guest name whenever possible.
$15.00 an hour
- 2 Years of High Touch Customer Service Experience in a Food & Beverage Operation or comparable service experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic, and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Presents a professional appearance by wearing approved attire and name tag.
- Ability to multitask and work well in a high-volume work environment.
- Dependable team player with successful record of work attendance.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach, lift, bend and carry heavy objects.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts including nights and weekends
- Basic math skills to accurately process guest transactions.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and auditory cues (telephone)
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 101492