Why You’ll Love This Job
The Housekeeper maintains cleanliness of indoor areas including residential units, bathrooms, offices, hallways, classrooms, dining area and lobby. Cleans and sanitizes fixtures, floors, surfaces and walls; empties trash and restocks supplies. Performs other duties as requested.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans and sanitizes all assigned areas including bathrooms, offices, hallways, classrooms, dining area, residential areas, common areas and lobby.
- Sweeps, mops and vacuums floors, cleans baseboards.
- Cleans furniture and surfaces; polishes fittings and fixtures.
- Cleans mirrors and windows.
- Empties trash and takes trash to the outside dumpster.
- Ensures an adequate stock of cleaning supplies.
- Replaces paper towels and toilet paper.
- Observes all Safety Regulations for equipment and chemical usage.
- Properly documents the cleaning of restrooms on the Restroom Log.
- Demonstrates the knowledge required for use of all cleaning equipment (i.e. vacuum, floor machines, washers and dryers, etc.).
- Follows proper storage guidelines of all linens and cleaning solutions; keeps housekeeping cart locked while on the residential unit or common areas.
- Responds to calls for housekeeping requests.
- Observes and reports any maintenance issues.
- Attends department and facility meetings and/or training, as scheduled.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Other duties within the scope of the position as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Minimum of one-year professional housekeeping experience.
Certificates & Licenses: None
- Demonstrates attention to detail and thoroughness
- Able to follow instructions and adhere to standard policies and procedures
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Maintains a positive attitude towards residents, staff and visitors
- Able to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, bend, lift, push and pull
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 34161