- This is your chance to be a part of improving the lives of adults with special needs and their families! We’re seeking someone with a passion for helping people while maintaining the cleanliness of our campus. As a Housekeeper, the quality of your work creates the first impression for families and our residents. Customer Service is a key part of your role, and you are a valued member of the Daymark Team!
Saturday – Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs cleaning duties according to schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) in assigned areas such as cottages, common areas, classrooms and offices.
- Sweeps, dusts, dust mops, and wet mops all floors and walkways; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs, carpets and runners.
- Collects trash and refuse from work areas and places in designated pick-up areas.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures and facilities; stocks dispensers as necessary.
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoos furniture; dusts desk and floor lamps, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls, and windowsills.
- Scrubs bath and shower room tiles, wood work, window frames and sills.
- Maintains equipment and materials needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition.
- Reports any needed repairs to the supervisor.
- Reports supply and equipment needs to their supervisor for replenishing.
- Must express or demonstrate an interest in working with a special needs population.
- Must demonstrate a warm, outgoing personality.
- Must interact with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, preferably possessing a high school diploma.
- Must at all times meet background checks as well as employability conditions of the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and Nurse Aid Registry (NAR), as maintained by Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (TDADS)
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30121