Why You’ll Love This Job
The Residence Inn by Marriott Seattle/University district is looking for a full time Housekeeper to join our team. We are managed by Puget Sound Hospitality which owns and operates 5 hotels in the Puget sound area.
It is our passion and responsibility to provide unmatched service to our guests and create opportunities for our associates. We aim to achieve success for our owners by being innovative and constantly evolving, exceeding the expectations of our associates and guests, and creating an environment of Inspired Connections.
We strongly believe in career advancement opportunities across our properties and work with managers to identify and train individuals who are interested in learning and growing within our organization.
Salary: $20 – $24 per hour
Location: 4501 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105.
Commute/Transportation: We are located just 1 block from the Link Light rail station and offer a discounted annual ORCA pass. If you prefer to drive, we offer free parking to all of our employees in our underground garage.
Benefits: Our benefits package is available to full time employees after they complete 60 days of employment. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D.We also have 6 paid holidays.
PTO is accrued at 0.0538 hours per hour worked starting on day 1 of employment.
We partner with Colonial life to offer supplemental insurance options such as accident, short term disability, and whole life during our annual enrollment.
We have a 401(K) retirement plan available to all employees who are 21+ and have been employed for 6 months.
We offer Marriott employee room rates as well as Marriott friends and family room rates that can be used based on availability at any Marriott location worldwide.
Work shifts: This position is primarily in the daytime, but we can be flexible with start times/end times if needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The daily job duties
- Use proper procedures for entering guest rooms
- Stock housekeeping cart with appropriate supplies and linens
- Replace supplies used by guests in the rooms
- Replace dirty linen and towels with clean items
- Make beds /change bed linen according to brand standards
- Clean guest bathrooms using proper chemicals, supplies, and safety procedures
- Empty and clean trash cans, replace liners if applicable
- Dust and wipe all surfaces using proper chemicals and procedures
- Vacuum carpets and report stains or wear
- Report missing or damaged items to manager or supervisor
- Promptly turn in all lost and found items to appropriate personnel
- Report any maintenance issues or room odor to proper personnel
- Fulfilling guest requests
- Knowing and providing information about property facilities
- Knowing how to listen, apologize, and get help when guests encounter problems
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to push, pull, lift up to 25 lbs.
- Greet each guest with a smile and eye contact
- Respond promptly to guest requests
- Follow all safety procedures
- Follow company uniform standards
- Report any unsafe work practices
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Puget Sound Hospitality participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify English and Spanish (PDF)
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 101805