Why You’ll Love This Job
The Houseman requires an approachable, friendly and polished demeanor with a guest focus mindset. As Houseman you will create a warm & welcome atmosphere throughout the hotel by maintaining clean and safe public spaces and delivering guest request. You will support the Housekeeping and Laundry Team and stay in good with all other departments to ensure the guest are well cared for and have a memorable stay experience while visiting us!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Have a warm and welcoming personality that can engage with guest and genuinely provide exceptional guest service and perform service recovery when needed.
- Perform routine troubleshooting for in-room issues and accommodate guest request.
- Take immediate and necessary steps to correct any safety hazards and cleanliness issues according to brand standard and hotel policy.
- Maintain cleanliness of lobby, meeting room, restrooms, fitness center and all public spaces throughout shift (Sweep, mop, vacuum lobby, empty all trash cans)
- Clean windows/doors as needed.
- Organize patio/pool deck furniture, set or remove items based on weather, empty trash.
- Carpet cleaning
- Assist in guest room preventative maintenance program.
- Complete trash and linen runs for the Room Attendants.
- Stock and organize supplies.
- Assist with inventory control.
- Adhere to Company uniform and attendance policies.
- Adhere to Company code of conduct.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Previous hotel experience preferred, housekeeping or janitorial experience a plus.
- Must have great people skills and spirit to serve.
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment.
- Have independent problem-solving skills and sense of urgency.
- Ability to handle guest request and complaints.
- Ability to remain calm during emotionally charged situations.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Proficient and English (verbal & written)
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Meticulous eye for detail and cleanliness
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and auditory cues (telephone, radio)
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing an average of 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to extend arms overhead to perform various technical tasks, and work in confined spaces, under varying temperature extremes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 105437