Why You’ll Love This Job
Directly or indirectly supervises associates and/or supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and supervises the Room Attendants, Laundry Attendants, Housepersons, and Lobby Attendants in their daily duties to ensure service and guest standards are met and the daily operations of the department is running smoothly.
- Handles guest concerns or needs in a prompt and efficient manner, notifying and working with other departments if additional assistance is required for guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hotel by maintaining an organized and efficient housekeeping operation.
- In partnership with the Director of Housekeeping, prepares work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy.
- Maintains familiarity with cleaning equipment; fills out requisition orders as necessary.
- Oversees and conducts inspections of public space for efficiency and cleanliness.
- Ensures public space meets and exceeds customer expectations for the appearance of the hotel.
- Conducts department training as necessary.
- Provides staff with the skills training to provide value added service to customers.
- Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels associates as needed.
- Ensures that guest rooms are within hotel standards.
- Inspects all guest rooms each day; checks “In” house or “Stay-over Rooms” as necessary.
- Writes maintenance orders as needed. Conducts inventories as assigned.
- Checks linen closets and carts for cleanliness and supplies.
- Trains associates on proper cleaning techniques.
- Ensures that all associates follow safety rules and procedures. Takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work areas.
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associate productivity and satisfaction of direct reports.
- Determines, communicates, and monitors achievement of standards of performance on a timely basis.
- Maintains proper linen pars, chemicals, and amenity inventories.
- Recommends purchases of products, remaining within budget.
- Coordinates housekeeping work with other departments; Front Office, Engineering, Banquets, etc.
- Works closely with the Director of Housekeeping, at all times and take every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist wherever required.
- Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards.
- Keeps Director of Housekeeping and other supervisors promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must have at least two (2) years of direct supervisory experience
- Proficient and English (verbal & written)
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Meticulous eye for detail and cleanliness
- Excellent customer service skills
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and auditory cues (telephone, radio)
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing an average of 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to extend arms overhead to perform various technical tasks, and work in confined spaces, under varying temperature extremes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Job ID: 105438