Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions.
- Processes background checks and pre employment screenings on all new hires through state and third party vendor and ensures paperwork is complete.
- Implements new hire onboarding process.
- Manages front desk duties, answering the phone, answering inquires, and managing all visitors.
- Coordinates with third party IT vendor for all information technology matters.
- Supports all facility operations, including phone, internet, and contractors under the guidance of the Facilities and Operations Manager.
- Maintains petty cash box and distributes petty cash to departments when needed. Reconciles and balances petty cash box monthly.
- Responsible for office mail distribution and outbound mailings.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training. Prepares and submits reports as required.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs.
- Prepares documents, such as job descriptions, policies and procedures.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Supports Development Department as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work cooperatively with employees, members of the Helping Hand Society, customers, clients, clients’ families, volunteers, regulatory personnel, and vendors.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and take corrective action with a positive attitude.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a stressful and sometimes unpredictable environment; skill in handling crises without overreaction or loss of objectivity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of HR experience preferred
- PHR,SHRM-CP certifications a plus.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 34625