Why You’ll Love This Job
**Position located in Marion, Indiana**
Since 1987, the team at Cafe Valley has produced muffins, bundt cakes, ring cakes, loaf cakes, danishes, turnovers, croissants, and our signature Cafe Bites for our customers throughout the United States and across the world. Demand for our products have grown to the extent that our state-of-the-art, Phoenix, AZ production facility built in 2011 was joined by our Marion, IN production facility in 2014. Through innovative bakery techniques and unique recipes, we continue to delight one bite at a time.
Come bake with us!
The Director of Human Resources will administer human resource policies, programs, and practices including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and directing the plant Human Resources Department. They will oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff; consult with top executives on strategic planning; and serve as a link between our organization’s management and its employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for HR policies, procedures, and practices, and implements accordingly.
- Maintains knowledge of HR trends and employment legislation and ensures company compliance
- Monitors employee satisfaction in collaboration with plant management
- Participates in various staff and leadership meetings
- Analyzes trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separation, and complaints to determine support or action needed to adjust unfavorable trends.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the HR department system and services performed
- Assures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning all aspects of the HR department
- Manage all aspects of the HR department and delegate duties to HR employees.
- Develops and administers an effective recruitment program for company hiring needs.
- Monitors unemployment claims and assist departments with appeals.
- Monitors performance appraisal programs.
- Works with Safety Supervisor on safety programs and injury cases.
- Provides leadership that supports current and future business needs.
- Influences development of HR goals, objectives, initiatives, and systems that support the growth of an employee ownership culture and brand to ensure a highly engaged workforce and competitive advantage.
- Maintains collaborative partnerships with company leadership to support strategic and business goals and respond to areas of need.
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders through understanding business operations and advocating for programs and initiatives that support a productive work environment.
- Ensure adherence to legal (i.e. ADA, FMLA, FLSA) requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions through development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Proactively identifies workplace, employee and policy/procedure issues and presents solutions to avoid potential risks.
- Work with senior leaders to develop employee engagement action plans and deliver initiatives that will continually enhance and improve employee engagement. Oversee the development of processes, tools, and deliverables related to employee feedback throughout the employee life cycle.
- Provides direction, coaching and support to HR staff regarding employee relations matters, including ADA, attendance, performance, corrective action, and termination; and ensures actions taken are appropriate, consistent, and in accordance with company policy and applicable employment law.
- Establish positive relationships between all members of the workforce, promoting high employee morale, motivation, and an overall culture of trust and engagement.
- Leader in organizational/structural change activities and initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years of progressive human resources experience with at least 5 years in a leadership position managing a team of HR professionals.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and
- Strong consultative skills and ability to influence.
- Credible, proactive, and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining effective relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, exercise good judgment, and effectively solve problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communications, negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Remains calm under pressure and maintains self-composure/self-control in times of high stress.
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws and regulations and HR best practices.
- Ability to support 3 shifts and ability to flex schedule for business needs.
- Experience with HRIS, preferably ADP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- SHRM Certified Senior Professional (SPHR)
- Prior experience in manufacturing
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 89961