Why You’ll Love This Job
The In Home Aide provides homemaking and personal care services essential in helping a client remain in their place of residence. The In Home Aide will provide hands-on personal care to clients, per state regulations under direction and supervision of the Supervising Registered Nurse.
Starting Base Rate of Pay 12.50-14.50.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Include, but are not limited to the following):
In regards to client care the In Home Aide shall:
- Provide light Housekeeping (e.g. vacuum, dishes, laundry, changing linens, trash disposal) to maintain the home in an optimum state of cleanliness and safety.
- Provide companionship and socialization to the client which may include: Spending time with individual, playing games, cards, reading, watching television, or accompanying trips and outings.
- Provide hands-on in home aide personal care services as specified in the Care/Service Plan up to and including limited assistance level of care.
- Care tasks which may include but not be limited to:
- ADL assistance and personal care as directed: bathing, grooming, feeding, continence care, and toileting
- Assist client with transferring and lifting, raising clients in beds and turning clients
- Assist with self-administration from client of Vital signs medical conditions warrants such monitoring. (blood pressure, temperature, urine samples, weights, intake/output)
- Transport, escort or accompany client by providing or arranging transportation to places outside of the residence for appointments, entertainment, exercise, recreation, shopping or social activities.
- Meal preparation
- Home management – meal planning, shopping, budgeting, bill paying
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to patient.
- Complete other duties as directed within scope of practice.
- Use agency approved methods for appropriate work documentation.
- Report any unusual incidents or changes in the client’s behavior, condition or circumstances to the Supervisor, immediately.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must pass drug screening
- Must have own transportation
- Have valid motor vehicle insurance.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Able to push pull or lift up to 50 lbs
- TB Skin Test
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Past Experience as a PCA, Aide, or Certified Nursing Assistant
- Experience providing support services in a similar environment preferred
- Caring attitude and genuine interest in people.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform a combination of sitting and standing for short and extended periods of time
- Comfortable working various shifts and willingness to be flexible
- Able to utilize basic electronic services to document patient care
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 102756