Why You’ll Love This Job
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA. LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate problems with instruments and sensors including flow meters, variable speed drives, temperature sensors, pressure and level transmitters, air quality sensors, communications devices and interfaces
- Repairs and maintains electrical and instrument equipment using hand tools, power tools, & precision measuring and testing instruments. Engages in rebuilding, repairing, and maintaining a variety of machines, equipment, and instruments.
- Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical drawings, instrument loop diagrams and BIDS.
- Capable of working with DCS, programming and troubleshooting programmable logic controls (PLC), control software and human-machine interface systems would be an asset.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety rules and procedures.
- This career opportunity will be based out of our RI – Richmond (Richmond, IN) facility.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Must have one of the below:
- Minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience in instrumentation / electrical field
- Journeyman Instrument / Electrical Certificate
- Associates Degree in I & E Technology
- Possess good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis (RFCA).
- Possess good interpersonal skills in communication, listening, and good safety practices.
- Identify practices and equipment that might be improved and increase reliability and/or decrease cost to the organization.
We offer excellent pay and a skills based pay progression system. This is an hourly position and benefits eligibility starts on your first day of employment.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 115679