Why You’ll Love This Job
The Workstation Administrators play a pivotal role in providing invaluable support to both their company and its clients, primarily within the technology department. Their core responsibilities revolve around identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware and software issues, all while prioritizing a seamless and satisfying customer experience.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA. LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Workstation Administrators play a pivotal role in providing invaluable support to both their company and its clients, primarily within the technology department. Their core responsibilities revolve around identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware and software issues, all while prioritizing a seamless and satisfying customer experience. These dedicated professionals handle a continuous influx of phone calls and diligently address tickets and email assistance requests daily.
In addition to their customer-centric duties, Workstation Administrators are entrusted with the critical tasks of organizing and configuring a wide array of equipment, including desktops, laptops, printers, copiers, and scanners. They maintain a close collaboration with business application teams and server administrators to ensure the successful execution of relevant projects. Moreover, Administrators take charge of the initial setup of computer systems for new employees, meticulously managing user preferences and facilitating file migration as required. Furthermore, they extend their expertise to provide second-tier support for the help desk, offering necessary adjustments and solutions for installed software.
- Desktop hardware & software support, asset management
- Helpdesk user assistance/support
- Working with team members to maintain local site disaster recovery processes.
- Implement defined policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of assigned systems.
- Support developer teams to conduct trial runs of hardware and software applications, install updates, and fixes, work with team to be sure they will produce the desired functionality.
- Support local and remote infrastructure as need requires.
- Participates as an active team member in all projects assigned as well as a member of the department. Pro-actively looks for the best solution to achieve the most efficient performance of a system.
- Support multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS degree in IT Field or AA degree with equivalent experience and certifications
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience supporting computer desktop systems infrastructure
- Experience with general IT infrastructure: Server, Storage and Workstation hardware
- Experience supporting Windows Operating System and MS Office Products
- Possess good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills in communication, listening, and good safety practices
- Strong initiative, team player, and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Rotational weekend and night support
- 10% travel requirement
- O365 User Administration Tasks
- Basic understanding of networking concepts
- Microsoft Active Directory
We offer excellent pay and skills-based pay progression system. This is an Exempt position and benefits eligibility starts on your first day of employment. Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 113895