Orthodontic Assistant Job – Greeley CO
Why You’ll Love this Job
The Orthodontic Assistant delivers an awesome patient experience and is a key part of the change we create in our patient's smiles. Must maintain a Registered Dental Assistant certificate.
What a successful Treatment Coordinator looks like…
• Outgoing (not afraid to sing and dance with patients)
• Empathetic • Knowledgeable
• Willing to learn and be taught
About this Position:
• Work-life balance
• Smile Doctors offers its team members a comprehensive and competitive menu of benefits! You may choose between a PPO or High Deductible Medical plan, Dental that is NO COST to team members, and Vision. Basic Life and AD&D is provided to all team members as well as Long Term Disability a hospital indemnity plan. There is a menu of supplemental benefits that include additional Life, AD&D (for the team member and family). Critical Illness, Short Term Disability and Accident plans are offered through AFLAC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide an ultimate patient experience with each patient by engaging with the patient and parent (if applicable) and performing clinical duties effectively in the scheduled appointment time.
• Improve clinical performance by consistently reviewing clinical standards and protocols.
• Maintain a clean, sterile environment. Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment and clean each clinical chair/instrument in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
• Obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips). Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients.
• Record patient charting and all doctor notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the doctor.
• Complete x-rays and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate and instruct patients on general oral health care.
• Prepare tray setups for regular appointments, IB appointments
• Maintain adequate supply levels in each chair, replenishing as needed.
• Work closely with the Point/Flow Directors to ensure an appropriate and adequate clinical treatment.
• Prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
• On Call as needed • After care communication (care calls, note cards etc.)
• Regular and punctual attendance
• 1 year as an assistant in the dental field
• High school or equivalent
This job operates in an upbeat clinical office environment. This role routinely uses standard dental equipment such as x-rays, clinical hand tools, mirrors, etc. This role routinely uses office equipment such as computers, printers, and cameras.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is required to routinely use their hands with detailed dexterity when performing job duties. This is a moderately active role; the team member will be required to sit, stand, walk, and bend over routinely to perform all duties.
TalentCare is a disruptive, data-driven healthcare recruiting firm with clinical and non-clinical positions nationwide. You will hear about exclusive, direct hire job openings that provide you career mobility and growth. With TalentCare on your side, you are:
- Matched with jobs based on advanced predictive analytics, so you will fit and perform well
- Hired directly by the client company, whether full-time or part-time
- Never hounded by other firms about our job openings – they’re all 100% exclusive
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 19689