The Molly Pitcher Inn has an exciting Seasonal Junior Banquet Server opportunity at our beautiful Navesink River-front properties in Red Bank, NJ. At our boutique hotels, our renowned food and beverage program is an integral piece of the Hotel experience, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with our team members. It is essential that the Junior Banquet Server remain professional at all times, and that guests and colleagues are treated with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every hotel employee is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
This is an entry level position for individuals under 18 years of age that would like to train to become a Banquet Server. This role will not be permitted to serve alcoholic beverages until reaching the age of 18 and obtaining an ABC card, issued by the Borough of Red Bank.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up banquet room as instructed by department leadership, including but not limited to linen, tables, beverage bars, stations, buffet equipment, service ware and glassware
- Set up banquet rooms and serve food in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner according to hotel standards of quality
- Attend meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner
- Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function
- Replenish non-alcoholic beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction
- Identify customer special dietary needs and special requests and properly communicating such needs to the kitchen staff
- Once the banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to department leadership specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the next function
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality, and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
- Every hotel employee must adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, bank envelope protocols, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concern
- Performs other related duties as assigned
$10/hour + Tips
- Must be under 18 years of age
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local liquor laws
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively in English
- Basic knowledge of food preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition
- Effectively able to work in a team environment
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to transport up to 25 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items while carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and auditory cues (telephone, radio)
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker., Rolling Carts
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 111435