Why You’ll Love This Kennel Assistant Job
You could be the newest Kennel Assistant on the Premier Vet Care team! We operate a state-of-the-art facility that provides outstanding pet care in Rowlett, TX. Join our team and enjoy a fun job with a flexible schedule and great benefits!
Our team supports each other and works together to foster a successful and fun work environment! As our Kennel Assistant, you will join the work-family and add to the positive atmosphere. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills as you float between the front and back of the hospital, assisting in various important duties. You will have ample opportunity to shower our four-legged clients with love and affection! Your compassionate care will be appreciated by management, and our loyal customers will be grateful for your devotion to their beloved pets. Your efforts will be rewarded with paid time off, a flexible work schedule, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401k matched by us.
If you are interested in a job with an established veterinary hospital working with animals, then apply now for our Kennel Assistant opening today! Join Premier Vet Care, a company that fosters learning, professional growth, personal respect, and compassionate care!
Kennel Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist in taking radiographs; clean surgical instruments and prepare surgical packs for sterilizations; sample set up and clean up
- Clean and straighten exam rooms to prepare for incoming patients following OSHA guidelines
- Refill and restock exam/treatment rooms with appropriate medical supplies and materials
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensures safety of patients and people
- Clean kennels/feed animals as instructed/walk animals as instructed; general hospital janitorial duties
Kennel Assistant Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 31116