Why You’ll Love This Job
We have SUCCESS because our team is the BEST!! Are you the “SORT” of person that loves having “LOADS” of fun, while working in a TEAM environment? Do you have a positive attitude, and smiles for miles?? If so, we want YOU as our newest Laundry Attendant at our beautiful hotel! We proudly offer COMPETITIVE PAY, GENEROUS travel discounts, PAID PTO, the opportunity to earn employee referral INCENTIVES, and FREE participation in our Telehealth program!!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the complete upkeep and smooth functioning of the laundry department.
- Formulates washing formula for stained loads and all other laundry products processed through the laundry area including food and beverage items.
- Sorts dirty linen by product type.
- Identifies worn and torn linen and keeps track of rag outs on a discard form.
- Participates in monthly linen inventory.
- Ensures the washing of linen is up to standard before placing into inventory.
- Communicates any maintenance and upkeep issues to appropriate person relating to all laundry equipment.
- Coordinates with the Engineering Department any routine maintenance of the equipment or outstanding repairs.
- Suggests methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
- Organizes linen in such a way that it is sorted by type, loaded on carts and put up neatly on the linen storage racks.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with time constraints and timing deadlines related to production standards and requirements.
- Multitasking with linen in various machines running at the same time with different products.
- Ensures that the proper amount of linen is ready and available to disperse to the guest floors. Shortages of linen in the housekeeping storage areas should not exist.
- Main duties include folding linen and terry cloth items in a neat pristine fashion.
- Sets the wash and dry cycles on the machines based on products being laundered.
- Ensures that work is closely coordinated with housekeeping to determine the proper level of products is kept in the laundry storage areas on the guest floors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Performs other reasonable duties as directed by the leadership team.
- Understands that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shifts to other shifts.
- Maintains a professional appearance in appropriate uniform.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the laundry area and the equipment.
- Possesses the ability to work well with other team members.
- Attends department meetings as required.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude with an outgoing and friendly personality towards all guests when in guest areas
- Ability to follow instruction
- Professional attitude is required
- Ability to work independently
- Previous laundry or dry-cleaning experience desired.
- Requires standing for long periods of time and on occasion may be asked to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 111211