Grow a successful career based on your love for animals when you join the Frisco West Animal Medical Center family!
We are counting on you to help shape the future of Frisco West Animal Medical Center. We know it is our employees’ valuable contributions that lead to our overall success. You will benefit from a large support network while also maintaining the individuality that sets you apart.
Your hard work and dedication as a Licensed Veterinary Technician will pay off as you build important relationships both within the workplace and the surrounding pet community. Add to your knowledge base and increase your skills as you work alongside veterinary professionals.
Enjoy job satisfaction and receive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and a 401k with a 3% match.
It is an extraordinary time to join Frisco West Animal Medical Center! Apply for our Licensed Veterinary Technician job opening today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Veterinary Technician Responsibilities
· Clean and straighten exam rooms to prepare for incoming patients following OSHA guidelines
· Act as a liaison between the client and physician as needed
· Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
· Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows necessary procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensure safety of patients and people
· Take accurate notes and medical history of patients in exam rooms for doctors
· Anticipate the needs of the doctor for routine exam/surgery visits; follow doctors request to fill or refill medications
· Administer vaccinations, dentals, assist physician in surgeries and perform lab work
Veterinary Technician Qualifications
· Must be a Texas licensed/certified Veterinary Technician
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
· Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
· Excellent at multitasking, prioritizing and time management
· Strong English; Extraordinary written and verbal language skills
· Animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience REQUIRED
Frisco West Animal Medical Center is a full-service animal hospital and will take both emergency cases as well as less urgent medical, surgical, and dental issues. Our 3 doctors are experienced in all types of conditions and treatments. Visit us online at https://www.friscowestamc.com/
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30679