South Bay Veterinary Hospital is in search of a PAW-sitively awesome Licensed Veterinary Technician!
We are a full-service animal hospital providing comprehensive pet healthcare services in Olympia, Washington. Our veterinarians offer a wide variety of medical, surgical and dental services. Our hospital has advanced equipment and technologies, including comprehensive in-house testing for accurate diagnosis, digital x-ray, surgical suite, dental suite, and a pharmacy.
We are committed to providing quality care at every stage of your pet’s life. From routine preventive care to early detection and treatment of a wide range of conditions and diseases, we have the expertise to provide the highest standard of care for your pet. We also serve Lacey, Tumwater, Shelton, Tenino, Yelm, Rochester, DuPont, Tacoma, Puyallup, Centralia, and Chehalis.
Our website: https://www.southbayvet.com/
Schedule: Full-time or Part-time
The ideal Licensed Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on creating an outstanding customer experience and taking pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish a movement of patients and clients through appointments and procedures. Your ability to educate and communicate effectively to your team and the clients are crucial for outstanding patient-care!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Proficiency in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophies
· Perform quality full body and dental radiographs for subsequent evaluation by DVMs
· Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and clients
· Obtain and record patient history and client communication in a professional, detailed manner
· Provide surgical discharges and home care instructions to clients after patient procedures
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) preferred or valid LVT credentials in Washington or pending credentials within 3-6 months
· Ability to assist in animal restraint, lift up to 40 lbs., and work on your feet all day
What’s in it for you?
· Signing Bonus
· Great Compensation Package
· Ideal work schedule and Paid Time Off
· 401(k) With employer match
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability & Life Insurance
· Career growth opportunities
· Continuing Education allowance and annual licensure reimbursement
· Pet care discount
· Company paid Employee Assistance Program
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30373