Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you have what it takes to be part of the Wings & Rings crew?
This isn’t your typical restaurant job. W&R is the kind of place for people who love good food and love to show people a good time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Line Cook Responsibilities:
- Complies with all portion sizes, cooking methods, and quality standards, in accordance with standardized recipes.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Follows proper plate presentation with appropriate garnish for all dishes.
- Sets up the cook line with foods, condiments, and garnishments at the start of each shift and restocks as needed.
- Maintains sanitary workstation including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, sauté burners and refrigeration equipment.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the chef.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills with co-workers.
- Functions as a supportive team member during the course of their shift.
- Position requires regular, reliable attendance.
Line Cook Qualifications:
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Requires food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Fry, and Pantry
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
- Frequently works in hot environment
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 86723