Why You’ll Love This Job
The Line Service Manager is responsible for all aspects of all Line Services activities. The Line Service Manager will insure departmental compliance with appropriate rules, regulations, and policies of the Company, the Airport Authority, and all local or State agencies affecting the Airport and FBO operations. The Line Service Manager sets the tone for the overall quality of the operation and must strive to be a technical subject matter expert with regard to all areas of the operation.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Atlantic Aviation welcomes customers at more than 100 fixed base operator (FBO) locations – from the Hawaiian Islands to Caribbean islands and all points in between throughout the US. We offer a wide range of aircraft ground handling and flight hospitality services, including fueling and line services, hangar and ramp storage, modern executive terminals for passengers and crews, and much more. We are firmly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our network and aspire to be the employer of choice in our dynamic segment of aviation. We invest in enhancements to our safety, service, technology, and strategic infrastructure in order to provide more choices, improved experiences, and better value for customers. Atlantic Aviation intends to lead the way to a more sustainable future for business and general aviation. Atlantic Aviation is “local everywhere” – providing a safe, friendly, and familiar experience across North America. To learn more about Atlantic Aviation or to make a reservation at any of our 100+ FBOs, visit AtlanticAviation.com.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Maintain site practices and procedures that contribute to a safe, profitable, positive, and enjoyable work environment while applying the “Atlantic Attitude” at all times.
- Supervise ramp, hangar, and fuel storage facility activities to assure safe, efficient and timely delivery of service to our customers. Communication of work progress and significant issues with the Operations Manager or General Manager.
- Ensure proper staffing and delegate work assignments for all Line Service workers. Monitor and update daily aircraft arrivals and departure requirements. Ensure that timely service meets customer expectations.
- Design and facilitate appropriate daily communication with Customer Service Representatives to ensure service accuracy and completeness.
- Interface with customers to ensure all servicing requirements are met and that customers are satisfied with our service. Resolve customer service issues.
- Understand the departmental profit and loss statement, quarterly forecasting, and annual budget processes and the effects of business decisions made for the department.
- Responsible for understanding opportunities and risks of the operation and developing strategic goals and objectives to maximize operating profit for the base.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the workplace culture that strives for the highest degree of excellence in safety and environmental compliance, customer service and support standards, and employee retention and performance development.
- Enforce company policy and procedures. Administer disciplinary action as directed by the Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Inspect entire facility for cleanliness and proper equipment operation. Report all facility discrepancies to the Facility Supervisor.
- Operate fuel trucks, tugs, baggage handling and various other pieces of equipment as needed.
- Initiate incident reporting, investigation, and assist solution planning for preventing reoccurrence.
- Inspect and sign off all aircraft cleaning service orders.
- Monitor and maintain proper fuel inventory at the storage facility.
- Daily quality assurance and accuracy of paperwork and auditing of fuel paperwork.
- New employee interviewing, indoctrination and training.
- Overtime staffing and approval.
- Conduct Manpower analysis.
- Payroll submittal and vacation approvals, maintaining vacation balances.
- Any additional duties that may be specific or unique to your location assigned by Management which may include functioning as a Line Service Technician or Customer Service Representative.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduation.
- 5 years of line service experience or equivalent in aviation field.
- Valid state driver’s license and meet the company’s insurability requirements.
- Meet Atlantic Aviation’s operations and safety training requirements.
- At least 18 years of age
- Consistently demonstrated good organizational and leadership skills.
- Participation in Atlantic Leadership Training.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer relations skills required.
- Flexible work schedule may include working overtime, nights, on weekends, holidays, and be on call.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed outside weather conditions which may include wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat and cold; high, precarious places; vibration; chemicals including aviation fuels, oils and lavatory fluid. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 96383