Why You’ll Love This Job
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for general maintenance of the entire properties, including responding in a timely manner to guest room problems and being assigned to specific projects. The Maintenance Engineer will understand the importance of working with urgency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform plumbing repairs.
- Install and repairing door hardware and locks.
- Minor painting.
- Remodeling of building as requested.
- Repairing broken or damaged fixtures.
- Installing tile and other floor coverings.
- Routine general maintenance.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Troubleshoot kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Follow established company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all coworkers and Guests.
$22 an hour
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in hotel maintenance
- At least 1 year of experience with HVAC and Refrigeration.
- Technical expertise in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, boilers, swimming pool certified, and refrigeration required.
- Excellent English verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Graduation from an apprenticeship and/or advanced training program for operating engineers recognized by the industry and trade. Or any other combination of education, training, or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components, and devices, HVAC systems, boilers, mechanical systems, and the maintenance and repair of all.
- HVAC certification highly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include weekend availability and being on-call.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, reach above shoulders, kneel, twist, and grip items.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk frequently and for long periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and auditory cues (telephone, radio)
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing an average of 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to extend arms overhead to perform various technical tasks, and work in confined spaces, under varying temperature extremes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 100627