Why You’ll Love This Job
Park Manor Hotel in Clifton Park seeks a full-time Maintenance & Groundskeeper to join our team! Flexiblity to work some weekends and holidays is required.
Entry level welcome and willing to train the right applicant. This is a great opportunity to learn with an experienced team leader!
Do you have a knack for or interest in maintenance and groundskeeping work? We would like to meet you!
This position maintains the facility, grounds, and equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the the general plant, grounds and facility interior to keep in good repair ensuring a safe, clean and orderly environment
- Ensure that the facility and its equipment are properly maintained for resident comfort and convenience
- Perform daily maintenance services with nursing in resident rooms
- Perform routine seasonal grounds work along with maintaining the exterior of the property on a daily basis to ensure curb side appeal, including grounds, parking areas, driveways, etc., including but not limited to cutting, trimming, policing, sweeping, shoveling, plowing, sanding
- Perform routine maintenance on the facility and equipment to include plumbing, plastering, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc.
- Repair and replace equipment, fixtures, flooring, etc.
- Perform minor repairs of electrical equipment, test GFCI and other electrical outlets, and replace lighting ballast, as necessary
- Perform minor plumbing tasks including clearing of blocked toilets and drains, removal of toilets, and toilet parts repair and replacement, as necessary
- Maintaining logs and documentation of work performed
- Assist with light cleaning and floor care when necessary
- Participate in conducting fire drills
Working knowledge in one or more of the following areas preferred: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and / or painting. Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license. Candidates should be comfortable operating general maintenance equipment such as lawn mowers, trimmers, blowers etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: * Knowledge of methods and equipment used in building maintenance and custodial work * Sufficient physical strength to perform a variety of routine manual tasks * Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions * Ability to skillfully perform building cleaning/maintenance activities * Knowledge of basic safety practices. Ability to set up and work from ladders, platforms and other related equipment.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 80053