Why You’ll Love This Job
The Revenue Cycle Manager Patient Access oversees the management and daily operations of the Ambulatory Surgery Center Patient Financial Clearance functions. This includes insurance eligibility verification; specialty provider referral; prior authorization verification; patient estimate creation with patient counseling; patient point of service collection and compliant payment plan creation. This position is responsible for developing, planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to improve patient financial performance workflow.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Setting and achieving performance goals by fostering teamwork, effective communication, and moving conflict to collaboration within the Patient Access department and the Central Business Office.
• Works with the Business Operations Optimization & Integrations Director to prioritize departmental initiatives to develop, implement, monitor, and communicate annual goals and objectives.
• Manage department supervisors and leads to deliver on the quality, productivity, and process objectives to achieve the annual determined RCM financial goals and budget.
• Ensure training and skill assessment for team members including the development and delivery of a periodic quality assurance plan and annual evaluation.
• Assists team members with their professional development in support of Atlas business goals
• Builds strong working relationships with assigned business units, ASC departments, or offices. Identifies trends and communicates with internal and external customers as appropriate to educate and correct problems. Provides assistance and excellent customer service to these internal clients.
• Manage and update job aides guides and collections policies as appropriate.
• In partnership with Atlas Payer Relations leaders along with the Central Business Office leaders, establish and execute strategies and plans for engaging payers in solving for root cause solutions.
• Reports out regularly regarding team performance, rejection/denial reasons, root causes, and resolution plans and develops innovative ways to solve for gaps in performance.
Bachelor’s Degree or seven years of healthcare insurance and patient accounts experience. Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services, or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences. Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required
• Work experience with HST Pathways, Mnet, and Waystar systems is preferred.
• Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
• Professional Certification through HFMA or AAHAM preferred
• Focus on creating and maintaining procedures that align with a high standard of compliance and internal control
• Working knowledge of patient accounting and experience reconciling AR accounts
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 104047