Why You’ll Love This Job
Southern Marinas is a full-service marina management group looking for new talent to add to our growing team of marina professionals. We are currently looking to hire a Marina General Manager to help with our needs at Hayden Lake Marina. The General Manager (GM) handles all aspects of marina operations within budgetary guidelines in an efficient, cost effective and creative manner.
The General Manager needs to work collaboratively with the home office and other colleagues throughout the organization. The GM needs to train, coach, and assist the office administrator so that the data entry is accurate.
Provides the highest level of customer service in a friendly, helpful manner while accurately responding to the customers’ needs. Projects a professional company image through all types of interaction. As this is a fast-paced environment during peak season, the GM must be able to work under pressure.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve financial results according to the annual operating and capital budgets.
- GMs need to own the business, especially the financials and budget.
- Supervise all marina operations to ensure prompt, courteous and safe service to all customers.
- Routinely inspect all areas of the property and marina to ensure an above average appearance and a proper safety environment, including enforcing trash pick-up and other tasks that are consistent with this goal.
- Understand and comply with government regulations pertaining to marina operations and handle all aspects of governmental reporting and compliance including but not limited to weights and measures, OSHA and EPA.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all agencies, contractors, vendors, and customers.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise all employees and/or contract labor either directly or via departmental supervisors, including disciplinary actions and terminations when appropriate.
- Ensure the safety of customers and employees. Provide for training of employees in the safe use of marina equipment and all functions related to their respective positions, including the training of firefighting equipment and spill containment.
- Maintain local SOP and Instruction Manual in current order.
- Approve and oversee all long-term dock leasing and waiting list and retail leasing.
- Approve annual operating budget and monitor actual versus projected budget figures monthly. Investigate negative deviations and set/monitor objectives to correct.
- Approve all purchases, invoices and check requests.
- Ensure proper controls to safeguard assets including but not limited to equipment and inventory.
- Ensure that all company and customer equipment are secure each evening prior to lock up.
- Ensure and take appropriate action for the proper maintenance of all marina equipment, property, grounds and floating or fixed docks.
- Coordinate with other management personnel to ensure efficient running of all departments.
- Oversee and approve implementation and maintenance of marketing programs for marina.
- Derive new revenue sources.
- Attend Manager Meetings as scheduled.
- Respond to all weather conditions or other emergency events that could damage marina assets or guest property.
- Ensures adherence to departmental and/or operations policies, procedures, and practices.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
Work performed and composed of a variety of different tasks, calling for use of judgement, and compliance with policies and procedures. Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
Requires excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy. Manages several projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of employees.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 114088