Why You’ll Love This Job
The Material Handler supports plant operations by shipping finished product and unloading raw materials in a continuous manufacturing process environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Our CA – Columbia manufacturing facility, located in Gaston, SC is seeking a Material Handler. The Material Handler supports plant operations by shipping finished product and unloading raw materials in a continuous manufacturing process environment.
- Load trucks and railcars with finished product.
- Perform break down and set up of raw material railcars.
- Operate an engine locomotive, shuttle wagon, track mobile, and fork lift.
- Collect samples of product from the top and bottom of railcars and trailers.
- Process bill of ladings, COA’s and load sheets for shipments
- Use computers, scanners, and manual entry to input data.
- Complete a rail yard inventory and input updated information into computer database
- Communicate between scale gate, co-workers, and truck drivers via radio and telephone.
- Perform general housekeeping.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Able to complete physical activity including and not limited to:
- Ascend and descend flights of stairs (estimated 30 steps 18-20 times per shift).
- Travel on foot on uneven terrain up to one and half miles per day.
- Stoop and Bend over tops of trailers and railcars for inspection and loading.
- Squat, crawl, and bend underneath railcars while working with your hands extended upward.
- Lift pipes, hoses, and quick connects (estimated 10-30 lbs.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Possess good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills in communication, listening, and good safety practices
- Proficient with computers
- Strong initiative, team player, and positive attitude
We offer excellent pay and skills based pay progression system. This is an hourly position and benefits eligibility starts on your first day of employment. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 113752