Our Core Values
The culture at Prism Health North Texas is built on our shared Core Values. We make hiring, firing, promotion and performance review decisions based on these values and behaviors, so it is important that you also share these Core Values:
- We are solution seekers. The organization’s founders found solutions even during the AIDS crisis of the 80’s; we remain proactive, thrive on change, and always willing to take the lead.
- We have a can-do attitude. We are flexible, agile, and never say, “It’s not my job.” We always seek growth, and we are never late but always willing to stay late to see the last patient.
- We are mission driven. We are committed to health equity; recognize all contributions are meaningful and valued. It is never about the me or I, but about the we.
- We care about people. We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion; we are kind and practice acts of kindness, all in service to our patients and each other.
The medical assistant provides specified patient care activities and is committed to the provision of patient centered/patient valued care.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Performs specified non-nursing patient care activities which may include administering immunizations, collecting patient vital data, drawing blood and collecting other lab specimens, performing lab procedures, and performing basic diagnostic activities in accordance with the standards established by the Public Health Guidelines for HIV care and Agency Standard Operating Procedures.
- Serves as a patient advocate, focusing on patient needs, patient rights, confidentiality and religious and cultural preferences. Assists in communicating these needs and preferences to the assigned clinical team.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of all activities performed.
- Maintains exam rooms and waiting areas in a clean and organized state. Restocks exam
rooms weekly and changes biohazard and sharps containers as needed. Participates in employee events and meetings such as All Staff, Clinic Meetings, employee activities, workshops, and other training. Takes initiative and responsibility for own continuing education and growth by attending in-service sessions, workshops, reading magazines or journals on patient care. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices. Participates in clinical team meetings regarding client care, needs, procedural changes, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient care skills and skill in the use of clinical equipment and supplies.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families and Agency staff at all levels.
- Must be experienced with Excel, Word, and Outlook and data entry. Electronic medical
records experience preferred.
Medical Assistant Education & Experience:
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- Must have 2 years’ experience in medical facility.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card.
- Must have certification of Hepatitis B vaccination series.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification Required
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 122306