Why You’ll Love This Job
- ***This is a Full-Time Position***
- Ideal opportunity for pre-professionals with an interest in Healthcare
Come and join the highest rated Dermatology Practice in Naperville community and the surrounding areas. You will have an opportunity to be mentored and work alongside the highly accomplished Dr. Basko-Plluska, one of the top Physicians of her specialty, and a highly qualified Provider and Patient Care Team that pride themselves in the best customer service. Ideal opportunity for pre-professionals with an interest in Healthcare. Our office is conveniently located in the iMed campus off of 75th Street, right in the heart of Naperville and has ample free parking.
Medical Assistant BENEFITS:
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Generous PTO
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan with Guaranteed Employer Contribution
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Training
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare exam rooms, materials and instruments for the day’s procedures.
- Escort patients to examination rooms; confirm purpose of visit, take patient history and record history in EMR according to existing office policy.
- Assist physicians with office medical and surgical procedures as required.
- Instruct patients regarding pre- and post-operative care as instructed by physician.
- Clean examination rooms after each patient encounter.
- Send biopsies and lab specimens to appropriate labs for processing.
- Perform all tasks assigned in a manner compliant with current government regulations, i.e. OSHA, CLIA, etc.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of medical supplies and equipment.
- Clean and sterilize medical instruments.
- Send prescriptions to pharmacies as instructed by physician, accurately documenting information in the appropriate patient chart.
- Convey biopsy results to patients as directed by physician.
- Assist in triaging calls as time permits between patients.
- Provide backup for telephone coverage or other business office tasks as required.
- All other duties as assigned by office manager or physician.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Aptitude and/or experience in learning clinical tasks required in a medical office, including but not limited to taking patient history and vital signs, assisting at office surgical procedures, sterile technique, etc.
- Proven ability in establishing rapport with patients, staff and supervisors.
- Excellent grammar and communication skills.
- Proven skill in handling several office tasks simultaneously.
- Cheerful personality, pleasant phone voice and manner.
- Previous experience in a dermatology setting, medical facility, or hospital highly desired
- Certified Medical Assistant (preferred but not required)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with medical terms and spelling accuracy
- High School diploma or equivalent
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 110354