Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you enjoy interacting and connecting with patients? Are you passionate about providing best-in-class patient care? Then, join the Nolo Eye Care team today in this Medical Assistant job in our Nolensville, TN location.
As the Medical Assistant, you would be expected to maintain a professional and friendly attitude as you guide patients through optical testing to determine their visual abilities, followed by helping them make important decisions about the various types of eyewear available.
When you join Nolo Eye Care, you become part of a close-knit team that shares your passion for providing care with a personal touch. Here, you will work alongside leaders who value your personal life and will support and encourage you daily. Bring your passion for providing exceptional patient care, and you will build a career you love in this Medical Assistant job in our Nolensville, TN location.
Join the Nolo Eye Care team and apply for our Medical Assistant job today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Greet all office guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Gather preliminary data through patient pretest, such as documenting chief complaints, gathering patient’s medical history, measuring visual acuity, eye movement, interocular pressure (IOP), retinal photos, visual fields, and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Educate the patient throughout the prescreening process about what each machine is testing for and provide instructions to provide accurate test results.
- Accurately and efficiently document the results of pretesting into the current EHR program.
- Educate and instruct the patient on insertion, removal, and proper care of contact lenses.
- Assist the Optometrist as needed during examinations.
- Assist the patient in making decisions about frames and lenses.
- Assist other members of the team when needed and available.
Medical Assistant Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years prior optometric technician experience preferred.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multitask.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Interest in healthcare.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must present a professional appearance.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 113670