Why You’ll Love This Job
Under general direction, of the Director of Nursing, is responsible for duties not requiring a license or certification for nursing. Provides clerical support to the nursing department according to licensing and accreditation standards and MMA Services, Policies and Procedures Manual.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Nursing Department: General clerical and medical technician duties
- Insures prescription orders are faxed to appropriate pharmacy
- Maintains contact with the pharmacy to keep insurance records updated
- Maintains inventory of over the counter medications. Orders from vendors as needed.
- Fills valley homes requests for medical supplies on a weekly basis.
- Monitors self-administration of medication of Students, as needed.
- Performs minor first aid as supervised.
- Obtains insurance for newly admitted Students, updates and maintains insurance for current Students.
- Establishes and maintains new Student medical and nursing charts
- Arranges medical & dental doctor appointments for two days a week. Prepares paperwork and transports Students to the appointments.
- Creates and maintains various computer forms and records
- Assists in the training of new nursing department employees.
- Conducts and documents quarterly insurance eligibility status on all students
- Clinical Department: General clerical, typing, filing, phones
- Types needed reports for the Chief of Staff’
- Students: May provide some direct care to Students. Assists in crisis management.
- Ability to use time in an organized manner.
- Manage multiple tasks and assignments with or without supervision.
- Ability to receive directions in a positive manner.
- Must be creative and positive.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a highly stressful environment on a continual basis.
- Exceptional computer skills needed.
- Good public relations skills.
- Ability to be confidential and professional.
- Must satisfy the policies for hiring.
- Must possess a high school diploma, a valid Arizona Driver’s license, CPR/First Aid certificate.
- Other Skills: Oral and written communication, ability to establish and maintain rapport with patients.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 31327