Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you interested in joining a dynamic company that delivers successful in home treatment to clients with substance use disorder? If you are a caring, compassionate and capable Medical Director who can work in a field-based team and meets or exceeds the following, we want to hear from you!
Aware Recovery Care (ARC) offers a holistic approach to treatment and changes the way clients receive care throughout the country. ARC is a year-long, home based, addiction treatment program that works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to assist clients in their first year of recovery.
In this workplace, employees are given more freedom to map their paths to growth (with the financial and moral support they need).
The Medical Director of an ARC agency is a practicing Board Certified Psychiatrist or a Medical Director with substance use disorder experience who is responsible for the clinical operational effectiveness and the quality of care provided by ARC Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurses. As a member of the agency’s Senior Leadership Team, they are aligned and fully participate with the leadership team in setting direction for the agency.
Note: All applicants will be run through the National Practitioner Data Base.
*****Aware Recovery Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer******
******No Phone calls please*******
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction for ARC behavioral health providers in all aspects of clinical practice and serves as an example of clinical practice and operational excellence.
- Demonstrates organizational teamwork and ensures optimal clinical outcomes for MHC consumers.
- Communicates the mission and the direction of the agency to clinic staff so that staff fully understands all initiatives of the agency.
- Serves as coach/mentor for providers and is available to guide them professionally in their role at the agency.
- Establishes systems of accountability for clinic providers to include productivity benchmarks, performance measures, and controls for clinic quality assurance.
- Maintains quality assurance/utilization review for all behavioral providers & performs chart review as needed.
- Reports to the VP, Integrated Healthcare Services and CEO
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Current licensure as an MD/DO to practice in the State of the agency by the State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Currently boarded in the field of residency or board eligible.
- Current DEA, DPS certification, and Suboxone waiver DEA X number
- Current CPR Certification required (ACLS preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Immunization Records & Current PPD
- Must be able to meet and maintain current NCHC credentialing and privileging requirements
- Motivational Interviewing/Stages of Change Model
- Interpersonal skills
- Baseline computer skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Demonstrates patience and adaptability in the face of environment and situation fluctuations
- Appreciation and respect for principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Ability to engage with diverse audiences (age, gender, nationality, race/ethnicity, profession, etc.)
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 86085