Not all superheroes wear a cape, but we think our team members wear one every day! Join a passionate bunch of veterinary professionals that are saving pets in the greater Prineville, OR area, with no on-call or after-hours emergency shifts. Here you will work with experienced professionals. Whether you wish to have an experienced partner in practice or need reliable mentorship there is a place for you as Medical Director at Hometown Animal Hospital.
At Hometown Animal Hospital, you can expect state-of-the-art medical care for your four-legged companions. We believe in nurturing the human-animal bond and creating a harmonious relationship between people and animals. You can expect to be greeted by a courteous receptionist, clean exam rooms, friendly doctors, and caring technicians. We appreciate the role we get to play in your pets’ health care.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Comprehensive in-house laboratory and stocked pharmacy
- Digital X-Ray
- Surgical and dental suite with digital dental radiography
- Class IV Laser Therapy
Visit us online: https://www.hometownvet.net/
Qualifications and skills:
- 2+ years of small animal veterinary experience
- DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school in general practice.
- Active, non-restricted state veterinary license.
- Invested in building trusting relationships with clients, colleagues, and community.
- Mindset and desire to grow skills and the desire to mentor staff to keep them growing and excelling.
- Comfort or desire to grow in the surgery suite (soft tissue, spay/neuter).
- Take pride in offering unmatched attentive care, ensuring our communication with our clients is clear and understood.
- Strong proficiency or desire to be proficient in dentistry, soft tissue surgery, and internal medicine.
What’s in it for you?
- Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance
- Great compensation package
- Ideal work schedule and paid time off
- Strong Mentorship program for new Grads
- Career Growth Opportunities
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability & Life Insurance
- Generous Continuing Education Allowance
- Pet Care Discount plan
- Employee Assistance Program
About Prineville, Oregon: Located in the rain shadow of the Cascade mountains, Central Oregon boasts 300 days of sunshine per year. Arguably the outdoor recreation capitol of the Northwest. Skiing, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, hunting, boating and more. All within an hour of your doorstep. Central Oregon is also famous for its golf courses and 30+ craft breweries.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 30398