Why You’ll Love This Job
Medical Office Coordinator
Who We Are
Bloom Health Centers provides comprehensive behavioral health services by a group of competent, independent practitioners. We diagnose and treat children, adolescents, adults, and the geriatric population. Psychological testing and neuropsychological testing are available for a variety of disorders, including ADHD, brain injuries and head trauma, and memory problems.
Too many people dismiss their mental health needs by assuming it will get better or that they can “tough it out.” For many people, this simply isn’t true. At Bloom Health Centers, we want to help you find the balance and perspective you need to live your best life. And since people can struggle with their mental health at any point in their lifetime, we work with clients of all ages.
We are a Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia company specializing in providing traditional and innovative psychiatric & psychotherapy treatments to the residents of the Mid-Atlantic area. We are rapidly growing and are looking for a motivated Medical Office Coordinator to grow with us.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
You are the right fit for the job if you can:
- Verify benefits with insurance companies and ensure all appropriate tracking software receives verification of accurate data entry.
- Answer the phones, process calls, post and allocate payments via credit card, PayPal, and office visits.
- Follow up denials (electronic and mail), contact insurance providers, assess denial claims, resolve issues with claims and resubmit (electronic and mail).
- Print (electronic and physical) from internal software databases and contact patients to resolve any issue.
- Address any patient concerns with follow-up emails and communications.
- Allocate money while resolving issues with patient accounts.
- Ensure that appropriate changes are made on patients’ digital record by utilizing a computer workstation.
- Keep patient and company records secure and confidential.
- Perform other duties in line with the role as instructed by direct supervisor.
- Present oneself in a professional manner when speaking to customers, coworkers, and members of the leadership staff.
- Have reliable transportation and be able to conform to the shift schedule provided.
Skills and Requirements
- Experience with AdvancedMD is highly preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to type at least 35 WPM.
- Must be available for 8-hour shift between following times: MON-FRI 8:00 – 5:00 PM.
- Must be organized, reliable, professional and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to clearly communicate through speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Must have basic computer skills: (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be proficient in mathematical skills.
- Experience in Credentialing and Billing required.
- Health Insurance
- Company-Provided Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
- No Weekend Work
- $24/hr based on experience, ability, and initial review.
- 401(k) Matching
Please explore our website at www.bloomhealthcenters.com to see if we are a right fit for you.
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 98718