Why You’ll Love This Job
Banner Surgery Center – Chandler is managed by Atlas Healthcare Partners. Conveniently located at S Alma School Road and W Pecos Road, the surgery center offers exceptional care and outstanding customer service to patients and physicians in Chandler. This ASC can be adaptable to all specialties and offers 3 operating rooms and one procedure room. Banner Surgery Center – Chandler prides itself on its friendly and efficient environment ensuring that patients feel well cared for and their procedures are on time.
Banner Health and Atlas Healthcare have partnered to manage, operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest. As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, their focus is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork, Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It’s a special working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This position assists in the maintenance and preservation of confidential health records in accordance with specified regulatory agency requirements and is accountable for performing clerical and administrative functions to support clinic front office and billing services.
- Receives and sorts clinical reports and related information and accurately documents and/or files material in appropriate health records following established guidelines and procedures. This includes maintaining the facility’s health records, as well as assisting staff retrieve files in a timely fashion.
- Enters, tracks and maintains data in software application systems in a timely and accurate manner. Maintains department records, determines accuracy of medical record numbers and reconciles the database information in routine cases. Refers complex issues to leadership for resolution.
- Assembles patient medical records using pre-established software procedures and/or chart order. Processes and routes medical records to appropriate areas. May analyze records as needed or directed.
- Performs a variety of tasks and functions associated with the department’s daily operations, including but not limited to, greeting patients, medical staff and the public, answering incoming telephone calls and providing general information to customers. Refers complex inquiries to the appropriate department or staff. Provides ongoing clerical and administrative support.
- Processes and completes routine requests for information for admission, discharge, or continuing patient care purposes. Processes record requests for internal/external audits and reviews; monitors record activity for follow-up and communicates as appropriate with requestors. Directs all release of information inquiries appropriately.
- Processes and completes routine requests, including dates and copies of face sheets. Forwards all release of information inquiries of sensitive and confidential nature to the appropriate party.
High school diploma/GED is required. Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, strong organizational abilities, and be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Requires good keyboarding skills and the ability to work effectively with common office software and databases.
Work experience in a medical clerical, physician’s office or other related field. Medical terminology strongly preferred.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 112618