Why You’ll Love This Job
Come and join our team! We are a local growing private medical practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with diseases of the retina and vitreous. We are looking for individuals who would like to establish a career in healthcare working with nationally recognized physicians. We provide on the job training giving you the ability to grow and advance your skills along with gaining innovative knowledge. Established in 1977, we have locations all over Northern California including Sacramento, Grass Valley, Roseville, Stockton, Modesto, Fairfield, Elk Grove, Folsom, Yuba City and Chico. Our physicians are nationally known, and we continue to be on the leading edge of retina care by utilizing the latest equipment and both participating in and designing new clinical trials to advance the state of care for retinal diseases. Join 150+ other team members working for our nationally recognized retina specialty practice in a fast paced, high volume medical office.
We seek a full-time Scribe to support our team. Although you must be able to work independently, you will be working directly with physicians, patients, and clinical and business office staff. Collaboration and being a team player are essential to the success of this role. This position will require travel to other locations as needed. Monday – Friday and some Saturdays.
Full-time immediate employee benefits:
Paid Time Off (PTO) 13 days per year, as accrued.
7 Paid Holidays per year.
Ability to participate in company 401k plan offered through Fidelity.
On the first of the month following 30 days of employment benefits:
Medical insurance – employer pays 95% of premium of base HMO plan for employee (dependent coverage available for purchase).
Group dental, vision, life, and accident plans available for purchase.
Flexible Spending Account participation available.
Allows pre-tax deferrals of amounts for medical, dental or vision premiums
Allows pre-tax deferrals for dependent care expenses, subject to limitations
After 90 days of employment – Paid Sick Leave of 3 days per year.
After one year of service – 401K Plan Safe Harbor contribution (3% of annual earnings) received after 2022 plan year ends.
Pay depends on experience within the range of $21.50 – $34.00 per hour for levels 1 – 3.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as physician extender
- Answer patient questions
- Ensure documentation is signed and complete
- “Spot audit” visits, i.e., know what documents are required for billing and ensure completeness
- Prescription refills
- Make sure Cidex is replaced weekly and maintain calendar
- Complete appropriate forms for physician, as needed, including, but not limited to, lab requisition, radiology requisition, surgery paperwork etc.
- Ensure HPI is completed
- Ability to demonstrate application of proper ocular dressings and shields
- Ability to type quickly and accurately in EHR including correct spelling
- Basic ocular anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of ophthalmic pharmacology including the types, strengths, actions and indications, contraindications and possible complications of the following: Anesthetics, Mydriatics and Cycloplegics, Miotics, Epinephrine, Beta Blockers, Steroids, Non-Steroidal, Anti Inflammatory, Antibiotics
- Knowledgeable in the common diagnoses along with their associated treatments and plans in the retinal specialty
- Knowledgeable in the physician’s preferences for various procedures as well as treatment plans, imaging orders, and follow up
- Understand and practice the fundamentals of asepsis
- Understand and explain surgical management of our common surgeries repairing the following: retinal detachment, retinal tear, macular hole, macular pucker, dislocated IOL, retained lens, vitreous hemorrhage and endophthalmitis
- Understanding of CPT codes, billable diagnoses, and documentation requirements for billing
- Sitting and viewing computer screen for extended periods
- Keyboarding for extended periods
- Standing or walking, up to 75% of the time
- Lifting, reaching, and bending, often
- Close visual acuity required to perform duties such as viewing computer monitor, and determining accuracy and thoroughness of work
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 105936