Comprehensive Home Care is looking for a Medical Social Worker – MSW to be accountable for the evaluation, direction, supervision and provision of medical social services to patients in the home.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate professional conduct and ethics according to agency policy and procedure.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information and all Agency operations.
- Evaluate and assess patient’s psychosocial and emotional status to identify problems that may affect the patient’s health status.
- Assist physician and home health care team members in evaluating patient’s
- social, emotional and economical status, and identify community
- resources and other possible resources that can aid patient and family in
- treating and coping with identified problems and issues.
- Assess psychosocial and emotional status and initiate physician notification and appropriate follow up referrals if needed for further assessment for possible placement in an appropriate care facility. Update Agency Clinical Manager of patient status.
- Make referral to Adult Protective Services as needed.
- Set realistic goals for patient and incorporate the goals in the plan of care.
- Provide counseling or intervention to patient according to the plan of care.
- Prepare clinical documentation of treatment in the electronic medical record, complete daily sync
- Evaluate effectiveness and outcomes of care provided to patient.
- Participate in planning for discharge of patient.
- Participate in staff meetings and patient case conferences.
- Assess and screen patients that are suitable for placement in a long-term care or assisted living facility when no longer feasible to care for patient at home due patient’s physical or mental state.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds with home health care staff, representatives of other departments and community agencies.
- Provide treatment in compliance with the agency policies and procedures federal and state regulations.
- Complete all annual inservice training and competency assessments as required.
- Monitor and supervise performance of the Social Worker.
- Perform other job duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Health Services including participating in performance improvement activities; i.e.,
- Record reviews and performance improvement groups.
- Masters Degree in Social Services or preferably a LCSW.
- Minimum of one (1) year of social work experience.
- Home health experience preferred.
- Background screening acceptable to the Agency.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance.
- Able to work autonomously with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and is detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate in English.
- Able to work as a team member.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 27293