The Medication Aide works directly with adults with intellectual, developmental or related disorders. With our resident’s average age in the 30’s, our community is unique and fun where you engage with highly independent adults who are working on increasing their skills of independence. The CMA works under the licensed nurse to monitor and provide assistance to special need residents with their activities of daily living, administering and monitoring medications, and other activities that promote a high level of health, well-being, engagement and growth.
This is a full-time position working 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Please also see our other open part-time positions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Documents observations of resident and notifies nurse of findings, recording health information and nurse actions in the clinical record.
- Administers and documents medications in accordance to the five rights: right medication, right route, right resident, right time, and right dose.
- Performs various treatments not requiring nurse license (hot/cold applications, vital signs, weights, etc.)
- Observes, records, and reports observations to nurse such as unexpected and untoward effects from medications.
- Supervises and monitors medications for residents who self-administer.
- Assists residents with completion of Activities of Daily Living as needed, and documents care provided.
- Understands and implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and evacuation procedures of the community during drills and emergencies.
- Certified in Texas as a Medication Aide
- Prefer at least 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Must at all times meet background checks as well as employability conditions of the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and Nurse Aid Registry (NAR), as maintained by Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (TDADS).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk a 20 acre campus, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl when participating in recreation activities.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 29221