Why You’ll Love This Job
In a world that can be difficult to navigate, especially for children and young adults with extra challenges, you could be the shining light at the end of the tunnel as a Mental Health Technician at our Northern Illinois Academy location in Aurora, IL!
This Mental Health Technician role will be the most fulfilling and rewarding job you have ever had as you play a pivotal role in the lives of young people, helping them achieve the happy lives they deserve. At this Sequel Youth and Family Services location, you will find yourself immersed in a positive atmosphere of open communication and collaboration. Combined with the ongoing support of a tight-knit team and helpful leaders, you will easily be able to grow your Mental Health Technician (MHT) career in areas that interest you. And, because you are surrounded by the best in the industry, you will have no problem meeting even the greatest challenge head-on and discovering positive solutions, leading to job satisfaction. In addition to a great work/life balance, for your valued contributions, you will receive generous perks and benefits that include health, vision and dental insurance, employer-funded life and disability insurance, the option to be paid daily, access to Teladoc and our Employee Assistance Program, a Flex Spending Account, a 401k, paid time off and holiday pay.
Say yes to a quality organization that offers healing and hope. Apply for Northern Illinois Academy’s Mental Health Technician job opening today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Mental Health Technician Responsibilities
- Supervise patient activity and monitor behavior at all times
- Implement, coordinate and engage in emergency and crisis intervention strategies and responses
- Assist in performing functional assessments of behaviors and developing intervention strategies
- Provide and/or accompany transport and supervision of patients to appointments, meetings and site trips
- Work with patients to ensure needs and schedules are met, and behavioral plans followed as prescribed
- Support the Director of Nursing, Unit Managers, supervisors and the inter-disciplinary teams
Mental Health Technician Qualifications
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience as a Mental Health Technician (MHT) or associate degree (human services preferred)
- Ability to comprehend/demonstrate an understanding of the developmental milestones of children
- Current, valid state driver’s license; successful completion of background check and drug screen
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 31422