Why You’ll Love this Job
Daymark Living is a groundbreaking campus where adults with intellectual, cognitive or development disabilities can live, learn, and thrive. The campus sits on 40 acres near historic downtown Waxahachie and includes 28 cottages and community buildings for dining, fitness and education. The Nurse is responsible for monitoring and providing health care services as well as planning and coordinating opportunities for residents that promote a level of health, well-being, engagement and growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Nurse works directly with adult residents with intellectual, cognitive or developmental disabilities. The following duties represent typical duties:
- Interviews resident to determine medical problem/condition and documents in chart.
- Participates in pre-admissions assessments for potential residents.
- Performs admission and periodic assessments on residents for functional and mental abilities.
- Develops individual plans for residents based on needs assessments.
- Reviews/revises assessments and service plans at change in resident condition.
- Obtains and documents residents’ vital signs and weight and intervenes appropriately.
- Assists residents in scheduling medical, dental and laboratory appointments.
- Reviews and transcribes physician’s orders.
- Administers and documents medications in accordance to the five rights: right medication, right route, right resident, right time, and right dose.
- Provides medical treatments as ordered by physician.
- Provides services in accordance with nurse practice act.
- Supervises and monitors medications for residents who self-administer.
- Understands and implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and evacuation procedures of the community during drills and emergencies.
- Observes residents and reports condition changes to physicians, health care proxies, and supervisors.
- Supervises residents in self-care of medical equipment such as CPAP, glucometer, etc.
- Facilitates dietician services as needed.
- Responds to resident and family inquiries and calls for assistance.
- Maintains supplies to include ordering, stocking and monitoring for expiration.
- Maintains compliance to all personnel policies, established community policies and procedures, and Federal/State regulations and standards.
- Participates in all in-service programs to expand and develop abilities.
- Participates in risk management procedures for entire community.
- Interacts with residents, guests and staff in at atmosphere of hospitality.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents’ private health information.
- Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
- Must at all times meet background checks as well as employability conditions of the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and Nurse Aid Registry (NAR), as maintained by Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (TDADS).
Job ID: 24705