The nurses at Daymark works with the team of resident life coaches to provide a safe and healthy environment for our residents to learn and grow. The Daymark community is like no other, serving adults with intellectual, developmental and related disorders through classes, social engagement, and real world experiences. Our campus is spread across 20 acres, 28 cottages, and 3 amenity buildings. Our nurses provide health assistance to our residents, communication with families, and coordinate services with healthcare professionals.
This position covers 8a-midnight Saturdays and Sundays. This can be 1 32-hour Full-Time position with full benefits, or multiple part-time persons covering a combination of 8a-4p and 4p-midnight shifts on Saturdays and Sundays.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
You will work as part of a team to perform such activities as:
- Interviews resident to determine medical problem/condition and documents in chart.
- Develops individual plans for residents based on needs assessments.
- Reviews/revises assessments and service plans at change in resident condition.
- Obtains and documents residents’ vital signs and weight and intervenes appropriately.
- Administers and documents medications, as well as supervise and monitor medications for residents who self-administer.
- Provides medical treatments as ordered by physician.
- Understands and implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and evacuation procedures of the community during drills and emergencies.
- Observes residents and reports condition changes to physicians, health care proxies, and supervisors.
- Supervises residents in self-care of medical equipment such as CPAP, glucometer, etc.
- Responds to resident and family inquiries and calls for assistance.
- Interacts with residents, guests and staff in at atmosphere of hospitality.
- Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
- Must at all times meet background checks as well as employability conditions of the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and Nurse Aid Registry (NAR), as maintained by Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (TDADS).
- Must demonstrate interest in working with residents with special needs.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30115