Why You’ll Love This Job
Join our Float Pool team at Atlas Healthcare Partners where culture is the foundation. At Atlas Healthcare Partners, you will join a supportive team who is always willing to lend a hand. You will enjoy working alongside leaders who truly listen to your feedback, value your ideas, and actively participate in making your work experience rewarding.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for ongoing patient data collection and documentation in the medical record; provides a variety of support functions that contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing department.
Required Skills & Qualifications
DP – Typical Direct Patient Care environment:
- Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently.
- Possess physical agility and adequate reaction time to respond quickly and appropriately to unexpected patient care needs.
- Needs adequate hearing and visual acuity, including adequate color vision.
- Requires fine motor skills, adequate eye-hand coordination, and the ability to grasp and handle objects.
- Able to use proper body mechanics to assist patients in ambulating, and transferring in and out of bed, chair, or wheelchair.
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must use standard precautions due to the threat of exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
- May require the use of a computer, phone, and general office equipment.
High school diploma/GED and current BLS certification is required. Requires skills and abilities typically attained with one year of medical/clinical/clerical experience; preferably in a hospital, ambulatory surgery center, or physician office setting. One of the following credentials is required:
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) in state of practice
- Medical Assistant Trained
- Patient Care Technician Trained
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT)
A minimum of one year of clinical and/or clerical experience in a healthcare setting is strongly preferred. In Arizona, the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure and/or;
A minimum of three or more years of EMT-IV experience in a healthcare setting and an Emergency Medical Technicians IV (EMT-IV) License with is preferred.
This is a PRN position that requires travel between multiple facilities within the Phoenix area. We operate our outpatient surgery centers Monday through Friday with no weekends and no call. We ask for a minimum commitment of 4 shifts a month so that your schedule remains flexible. We utilize easy scheduling software along with our personal staffing office for your ease of scheduling shifts.
Job ID: 105116