Why You’ll Love This Job
Take your OT career in an exciting, new direction when you join the FYZICAL family as an Occupational Therapist (OT) at our DeWitt, MI, location!
As part of a champion team, you will be instrumental in making a lasting impact throughout the occupational and physical therapy industries as you collaborate with professionals, developing individualized treatment plans that will help clients achieve their goals of leading healthy, fulfilling lives. With a specialized team behind you providing support, state-of-the-art technology at your fingertips, and access to unparalleled continuing education, you will be able to advance your skills, keeping your career on the leading edge.
Take advantage of this outstanding opportunity to be part of a trail-blazing company! Apply for FYZICAL’s Occupational Therapist (OT) job opening today.
Are you an OT with high goals and aspirations to bring about big changes through your work? If so, you are needed to fill a vital role with the nation’s leading physical therapy company as an Occupational Therapist at our DeWitt, MI, location!
Occupational Therapists FYZICAL provide direct OT therapy services as part of a multidisciplinary team and serves patients at our three locations in East Lansing, Dewitt and Lansing. The OT demonstrates competency in treatment to infants, children, adolescents and adults with physical, sensory, or cognitive problems. Provides clinical care activities utilizing evidenced-based practice. Able to understand, document, and react effectively to the age specific needs unique to assigned patients.
Join a world-class organization where you can grow! Apply for our Occupational Therapist job opening today.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct occupational therapy services as part of a multidisciplinary team including SLP and PT
- Screening, evaluation, planning, and habilitative/rehabilitative treatment to infants, children, adolescents and adults with physical, sensory or cognitive problems
- Create individualized treatment plans based on client assessment
- Provide clinical care activities utilizing evidenced-based practice
- Understand, document, and react effectively to the age-specific needs unique to assigned patients
- Make recommendations for advancement based on home/job evaluations
- Ensure clients are properly trained on safely using home and work equipment
- Provide guidance to any outside client parents, families and caregivers on ways they can assist
- Assist clients with ways to properly and safely carry out day-to-day activities
- Customized one-on-one treatment programs to improve patient’s functional abilities
- Comprehensive home site evaluations with improvement recommendations
- Educate patients on how to properly use home and work equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Guide and discuss with individuals working or living with patients on how they can help
- Help patients better perform activities of daily living
- Demonstrate respect for patients, parents, center staff, and members of the community
- Demonstrate a record of initiative, self-direction, program development, organization, and independence
- Holds OT license in Michigan or license eligible
- At least 1+ year(s) Occupational Therapy experience with pediatric experience preferred
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal, time management, documentation, and communication skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of a practicing pediatric therapist including: stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling
- Must be willing to see patients at any of our three locations
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 97681