Why You’ll Love This Job
Find your perfect career fit with FYZICAL, an innovative company that is committed to your growth and success, when you join our team as our newest Occupational Therapist! Full and part-time positions available.
As part of a champion team, you will be instrumental in making a lasting impact throughout the occupational and physical therapy industries as you collaborate with professionals, developing individualized treatment plans that will help clients achieve their goals of leading healthy, fulfilling lives. With a specialized team behind you providing support, state-of-the-art technology at your fingertips, and access to unparalleled continuing education, you will be able to advance your skills, keeping your career on the leading edge.
As an Occupational Therapist with us, you will provide skilled evaluation and treatment for children and adults to help them achieve independent and functional skills. Plus, as part of the FYZICAL family, you can take advantage of advancement opportunities and grow your career under a practice leader who is fully invested in you.
Occupationl Therapists at FYZICAL provide direct OT therapy services as part of a multidisciplinary team and serves patients at our three locations in East Lansing, Dewitt and Lansing. The OT demonstrates competency in screening, evaluation, planning, and habilitative/rehabilitative treatment to infants, children, adolescents and adults with physical, sensory, or cognitive problems. Provides clinical care activities utilizing evidenced-based practice. Able to understand, document, and react effectively to the age specific needs unique to assigned patients.
Full-time employees are eligible for the company’s benefit package including PTO, paid holidays, medical benefits, 401K and continuing education. Compensation is competitive and negotiable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct occupational therapy services as part of a multidisciplinary team including SLP and PT
- Screening, evaluation, planning, and habilitative/rehabilitative treatment to infants, children, adolescents and adults with physical, sensory or cognitive problems
- Create individualized treatment plans based on client assessment
- Provide clinical care activities utilizing evidenced-based practice
- Understand, document, and react effectively to the age-specific needs unique to assigned patients
- Make recommendations for advancement based on home/job evaluations
- Ensure clients are properly trained on safely using home and work equipment
- Provide guidance to any outside client parents, families and caregivers on ways they can assist
- Assist clients with ways to properly and safely carry out day-to-day activities
- Customized one-on-one treatment programs to improve patient’s functional abilities
- Comprehensive home site evaluations with improvement recommendations
- Educate patients on how to properly use home and work equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Guide and discuss with individuals working or living with patients on how they can help
- Help patients better perform activities of daily living
- Demonstrate respect for patients, parents, center staff, and members of the community
- Demonstrate a record of initiative, self-direction, program development, organization, and independence
- Holds OT license in Michigan or license eligible
- Prefer at least one year working in outpatient neurological or orthopedic center, or previous pediatric experience
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal, time management, documentation, and communication skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of a practicing pediatric therapist including: stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling
- Must be willing to see patients at any of our three locations
- Able to create, implement and progress a skilled treatment plan in outpatient pediatric, orthopedic, neurologic, balance, vestibular rehabilitation-setting treatment plans
- Ability to work efficiently/effectively in an autonomous environment
- Must be passionate about helping patients who have vestibular, balance, neurological, and fall risk issues
- Must be self-motivated with a willingness to learn
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 114259