Why You’ll Love This Job
You chose to be an Occupational Therapist because you want to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of others. Now is the time to advance your OT career as an Occupational Therapy Supervisor with KGH Autism Services where you will train, supervise, and mentor a team of OTs to ensure the highest quality care across KGH locations.
As an Occupational Therapy Supervisor with the KGH, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of highly educated and trained professionals creating evidence-based treatment programs for our clients and their appreciative families. Achieve quality results and meet all challenges together in a comfortable clinic setting. With crisis management and other advanced training available, you will always be supported in your endeavors to help children and young people live their best lives as you also advance your career. You, too, will be able to live your best life with a great work/life balance, fun company events, and numerous perks and benefits that include medical/dental/vision coverage, paid time off including sick leave, vacations days and paid holidays that include your birthday, a 401k with a generous 3% company match, company-paid Life/ADD/LTD insurance, continuing education and more.
Join a high-energy, forward-thinking organization where you will experience professional and personal satisfaction! Apply for KGH’s Occupational Therapy Supervisor job opening today.
Occupational Therapy Supervisor Responsibilities
- Serve as a mentor and provide clinical supervision to Occupational Therapists including supervision of client sessions and regular supervision meetings.
- Support Occupational Therapists in conducting evaluations, identifying, and developing client acquisition goals as part of Individualized Treatment Plans (ITPs).
- Supervise and train Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTAs), to include in person supervision of client sessions and regular supervision meetings, in accordance with national board standards.
- Support training initiatives of Occupational Therapists and COTAs; support OTs and COTAs in acquiring necessary and appropriate skills, as well as continually assessing professional development needs and researching and designing appropriate training programs.
- Ensure the use of evidence-based, positive approaches in occupational therapy services by all KGH Occupational Therapists and COTAs.
- Collaborate with the Allied Health Services Manager in researching and recommending practice management strategies and program growth and advancements.
- Conduct evaluations.
- Design and implement occupational therapy programs for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Provide individual treatment; conduct group sessions; train parents.
- Consults with professionals across other disciplines (i.e., speech language therapy, mental health, applied behavior analysis).
Occupational Therapy Supervisor Qualifications
- Bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree of Occupational Therapy from an accredited school of occupational therapy
- License to practice Occupational Therapy in Illinois and Wisconsin or demonstrated eligibility for licensure pending application.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and/or related disorders.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working as a licensed Occupational Therapist.
- Advance knowledge and experience with Sensory Processing Disorders.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 105329