Why You’ll Love This Job
The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, and must be detail oriented. This position is the primary communicator between clients of our organization and couriers. Client satisfaction and the ability to work well in a team environment are ideal for this position. Exceptional communication skills and a positive attitude are critical to success in this role.
Experience working with couriers (drivers) and/or independent contractors, labs, hospitals & airlines a plus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer and dispatch incoming calls from clients to couriers and enter information into company software system.
- Assign and dispatch all will calls and STAT’s.
- Monitor online dispatch board for potential issues.
- Add, change or delete scheduled stops in planning.
- Research and resolve client issues quickly and accurately.
- Communicate all client issues to direct supervisor.
- Monitor status of deliveries and pickups to ensure timely delivery to client.
- Assist couriers as needed to help ensure routes are completed to client expectations.
- Review route sheets for accuracy.
- Negotiate courier payout.
- Monitor and utilize web-based applications, tools, and reports.
- Ensure policies and procedures as defined by clients and the company are being met.
- Prepare SOP for each account; shift turnover.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of customer service, logistics and dispatch experience a plus
- Experience with courier software system a plus
- Must be extremely detail oriented; ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skill set
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization
- Proficient computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and database programs
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 115712