The Retina Group of Florida is a multi-physician, multi-office and growing ophthalmology practice specializing in diseases of the retina. We are currently seeking a full-time ophthalmic technician to join our team in our southern locations in Broward County. The Retina Group of Florida prides itself on first class patient care, rewarding work environment and creating pathways for employee growth. The position is full-time with excellent benefits.
The ophthalmic technician is a fundamental part of the office team that support the physicians.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain and document comprehensive medical and ophthalmic history utilizing an ophthalmic-based Electronic Medical Records system.
- Obtain preliminary examination screening (Visual acuity, papillary assessment, confrontational VF, tonometry, etc).
- Perform diagnostic imaging (OCT).
- Assist with office-based procedures (Intraocular of medications, laser photocoagulation, and pneumatic retinopexy).
- Develop competency with an advanced EMR system (MDI), digital imaging system, and electronic-based prescription program.
- High school diploma or GED.
- COA or COT certification is preferred but not required
- All applicants should possess the skills to learn new information and tasks quickly.
- All applicants should possess excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills with problem solving ability.
- All candidates should exhibit a professional demeanor, organizational skills and work well with others.
- Applicants with experience should be proficient in patient triage and work-up; including tonometry and assisting physicians with minor office procedures.
- This position is full time and requires reliability, local area travel and the need for flexibility.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 31925